Tuesday 12 October 2010

Off my needles....



The red baby jacket I have been working on came off my needles last night. It's cute and I'm pleased with it but I have to say I didn't really enjoy the Debbie Bliss pattern (its half knitted in pieces - sleeves, front etc - and then you pick up everything half way. I found this to be a very unsatisfying knit as you feel like you're getting nowhere until it comes together in the last row) Its from the new Debbie Bliss book 'Design It, Knit It, Babies' which is worth buying. The colour combinations are inspirational, particularly the fairisle.


Next up I'm knitting another baby cardigan - this time a short sleeve one in grey.


I've also finished a couple of practise bibs with fabric I had in my stash. I've decided they should really be backed in flannel and a purchase has been made for making the next few.


No comments:

Post a Comment